About Hear Me Now
People with learning disabilities often have difficulty managing complex information that comes their way, including information about their health and health care.
We wanted to find a way in which people could hold on to and make sense of the information they are given about their health and wellbeing.
We also wanted to find a way in which health professionals could both get across and receive important information to and from someone they support, to help professionals personalise care and improve outcomes.
Whatever we came up with had to enable and empower people to communicate about themselves and their needs.
Hear Me Now enables users to
- Capture what matters to them in a single, user-friendly place in a format that best suits them: text, images, video and audio
- Share information with carers and health professionals
- Establish better quality relationships with support staff and health professionals
Watch how Hear Me Now is helping service users and staff at Miller’s Day Centre in East Yorkshire.
Hear Me Now Benefits
- Better outcomes
- Less confusion
- Greater control & choice
- Greater confidence
- Better co-ordinated care
- Better informed and involved
- Manage support across different services
- Better knowledge sharing
- More effective front-line service
- Improved outcomes
- Real-time progress reporting
- Better patient/user communication
- Integrated working
- Improved service efficiencies and patient outcomes
- Reduced out-of-area placements
- Quality reports direct from service users
- Tackling health inequalities
It’s a bespoke record of the patient. A complete picture of the person, available to them, to their carers, to their family and to health care professionals. It provides a much richer picture of that individual.David Hill, CEO, Humber NHS Foundation Trust
Find out more about Maldaba’s work in creating Hear Me Now in our new video.